Over the next year or so, I’ll be working on a project/book that focuses on the food-weight struggle, as well as its effects physically, psychologically (emotionally) & spiritually. I believe the food-weight struggle has touched us all in some way, shape, or form, so I am opening this up for everyone who has ever struggled with food, their weight, or both. Feel free to change your name, city, and the names or roles of others. I will not send spam mail or put you on any mailing lists. Please email all submissions to: MsCALLI0PE@yahoo.com. (The “0” is a zero).
Please share from your heart. In case you get writer’s block, here are a few questions to consider:
- Is it difficult to eat healthy and/or maintain a healthy weight in today’s time, culture, world? Why or why not?
- Is there a correlation between physical, emotional & spiritual health? Please explain.
- What are some common misperceptions people have about fat/thin people?
- Are you the only person in your family who suffers with a food/weight problem, or is this something your family unit has always struggled with?
- If you are overweight, are you afraid to be thin? Why or why not?
- If you are thin, are you afraid to be fat? Why or why not?
- What were your eating habits as a child? Were you active? What are your eating & work-out habits now?
- Are you depressed or feel depressed? Do you eat/exercise more or less as a result?
- Have your family members, friends, or society at large contributed to your eating disorder? Please explain.
- Have you or anyone you know experienced mistreatment or discrimination because of being over or underweight? Please explain.
- Have you or anyone you know ever experienced physical illness or ailments as a result of being over or underweight? If so, what ailments?
- Many overweight & underweight people state they do not have time to manage their eating or weight. How important do you feel having free time is to maintaining a healthy weight (“1” being “not important” and “5” being “extremely important”)?
- Are you disciplined (“1” being “not disciplined” and “5” being “extremely disciplined”)?
- Are you an emotional eater? If so, do you eat when you’re happy, stressed, sad, or all of the above? Describe what pushes you to partake in emotional eating & why?
- If you have been obese, anorexic, bulimic or any other eating disorder, and have successfully arrived at and maintained your ideal weight, what worked for you? Which diets, exercise regimens, support groups, religious institutions or practices etc,?
- Has being over or underweight affected your sex life? Explain.
- Do you ever feel guilty for eating or overeating? Explain.
- What strange habits-if any-have you or someone else developed in order to control your food intake/weight?
- Are you an habitual over or under-eater? Do you know someone who is an habitual over or under-eater?
- Do you have a sexual attachment to food?
- Have you replaced some other habit with under or overeating? If so, how did this happen?
Feel free to pass this blog along to anyone who may have an interesting perspective to share. I will eventually start making online polls for everyone to participate in. I appreciate your participation in advance.